Share: 

Rehoboth home damaged by fire

September 29, 2017
A fire Sept. 29 damaged a home in The Grand at Canal Point. REHOBOTH BEACH VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT PHOTOS

An early morning fire Sept. 29 caused $275,000 in damage to a Rehoboth Beach home.

The fire started at 4:41 a.m. in the 37000 block of Trent Court in The Grande At Canal Pointe, said Harry Miller, chief deputy state fire marshal.

The Rehoboth Beach Volunteer Fire Company assisted by Lewes, Bethany Beach, and Indian River Volunteer Fire companies responded to the scene and found heavy fire showing from the first and second floors of a single-family dwelling. The house was unoccupied at the time of the fire, and was equipped with working smoke detectors, Miller said. No injuries were reported in this incident and fire personnel remained on scene until approximately 8:30 a.m.

The State Fire Marshal’s office determined the fire is accidental and occurred as a result of an electrical malfunction. Damages caused by this incident are estimated at $275,000, Miller said.

Welcome to The Cape Gazette Archive.
This content is provided free of charge
thanks to our sponsor:

Close ad in...

Close Ad