WALK WITH NANTICOKE TO MAKE STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER
On Tuesday, October 10, 2011 at 7:00 p.m., the community is invited to join Nanticoke Cancer Care Center, the American Cancer Society, and the City of Seaford for refreshments, fellowship, and a vigil walk to Seaford’s Gateway Park to kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Gateway Park will be decorated in pink lights and ribbons. Each participant will receive a pink light to carry as we honor survivors and remember those who lost their battle with breast cancer. Community members are encouraged to WEAR PINK during the three-block walk along a lighted path from Nanticoke Cancer Care Center to Gateway Park. Sally Stewart, breast cancer survivor, will be the featured speaker at the event, and breast cancer survivor, Tracy Passwaters, will perform as the soloist.
During the month of October, Nanticoke Memorial Hospital and the Mears Health Campus will be “Making Strides against Breast Cancer”, with several additional activities planned to promote breast cancer awareness:
- Nanticoke’s Employee Activity Committee will be hosting Basket Bingo on Thursday, September 29, 2011 starting at 7pm at the Seaford Moose Lodge.
- Project Pink Duck will take place through the month of October. Pink Breast Cancer ducks will be on sale and can be purchased in honor or in memory of someone. The ducks will be afloat in Nanticoke Memorial Hospital’s fountain throughout the month.
- Nanticoke’s team “Pretty in Pink” will be participating in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Sussex Walk on Sunday, October 2, 2011.
- The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition and Nanticoke Memorial Hospital will hold a breast cancer survivor’s tea at the Nanticoke Memorial Hospital food court on Friday, October 7th at 2:30 p.m.
- Nanticoke employees will be encouraged to wear pink on Fridays throughout October.
For more information, please contact Ms. Melinda Huffman, Nurse Navigator, at 302-629-6615 ext. 3765.