Webster’s Dictionary describes a smile as, “A facial expression characterized by an upward curving of the corners of the mouth and indicating pleasure, amusement, or derision
At Heritage Creek, we had our first “Mid-Week Happy Hour” and had a great turn-out. Everyone brought an appetizer and a smile. You see, as a newer community, we are still meeting our neighbors, making new friends with those who have just moved in, and put our hands and hearts out to those who are considering a move to Heritage Creek.
We have a great bunch of people who warmly embrace each other. We look forward to our community events, parties, and warm friendships. All one needs to do is check out our Wine and Cheese Event or Italian Fest to see just how much fun we have here at Heritage Creek.
Each person has left a home and perhaps, even a state where they raised their family, had working relationships, and may have lived for 30-40 years before retiring. Each person was anxious to start over again and make new friends, not just acquaintances. We warmly invite you to stop back in and see for yourselves what a wonderful community Heritage Creek is.
Our homeowners are pretty talented when it comes to amazing recipes that they share with us at happy hours so I am going to share with you one of the favorites from our last happy hour. Don and Ken’s Caviar Stuffed Potatoes recipe is below. Note – Don recommends an Argentinian Malbec to pair with this recipe.
Don and Ken’s Caviar Stuffed Potatoes
- 10-12 red or purple small potatoes
- 1 container Crème Fresh
- Caviar, either red or black
- Chopped Chives
- Poke holes in small potatoes and steam in microwave 7-9 minutes. Test with cake tester to ensure they are done all the way through.
- Drain and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut potatoes in half and slice a small portion off the bottom so that each half will sit on a plate on its own. Scoop out the center of each potato, fill a freezer bag or cake decorating back with Crème Fresh and fill each potato.
- Top with the Caviar of choice or use a combination of both.
- Sprinkle each with snipped chives and STAND BACK – DELICIOUS!!!
- (Use potato centers for brunch with whipped eggs and chives).
See you soon – Cheers!