Thai Monkey Spicy Asian Beef Soup
December 6, 2012
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup whole baby carrots, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoon Thai Monkey Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the beef and stir-fry until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Add the carrots, peas, onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir the broth, Thai Monkey Sauce, red pepper into the skillet. Heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the rice in each of 6 serving bowls. Divide the soup mixture among the bowls.