Now Hiring for Church Administrator
Conley's United methodist Church is actively seekingcandidates for the position of Church Administrator. Job summary, specifications and requirements are posted below. Interested candidates should contact Rev. Mike Hurley at 302-945-1881. Please be prepared to submit a resume.
The position of the Church Administrator is a very important job, especially one within a large congregation. The Church Administrator will support the vision, mission, ministry, and core values of the church by managing the day-to-day operations within the parish. The Church Administrator will report directly to the Senior Pastor. The Church Administrator will work a minimum of 25 hours per week, during the days of Monday through Friday, and the position will be exempt from overtime.
Position Responsibilities & Duties
The responsibilities of a Church Administrator are very similar to those of an office manager. Following is a summary of the responsibilities, which are subject to change at the Pastor’s and SPPRC’s discretion:
- Supervises non-pastoral staff and office volunteers and maintain personnel records, including the recommendations for hiring and/or firing of non-pastoral staff.
- Responsible for the church's official communications, such as the website, social media, advertising, telephone broadcast messaging, and production of the church bulletins and newsletters.
- Coordinates the provision of secretarial services to the Pastor.
- Provides support for all ministries.
- Coordinates church calendar events, activities, etc.
- Distributes telephone, mail, and electronic communications.
- Attends the Administrative Council, Board of Trustees, and Finance Committee meetings to assist in facilitating communications.
- Works with Pastor, Finance Committee, and other entities to facilitate the development of the financial budget, including the parish’s administrative budget.
- Responsible for purchasing office and janitorial supplies.
- Assists Board of Trustees with the use of church facilities, such as hall rentals.
- Oversees the process for collecting any rental income the church has, as well as fees for functions including weddings, funerals, and any other events held at the church.
- Manages, updates, and utilizes the Servant Keeper Church Management software/database for effectively communicating to the Pastor, staff, volunteers, committees, and members.
- Responsible for coordinating the worship service projection and church bulletin for synchronization.
- Assists the Board of Trustees with its efforts in managing the church’s energy consumption.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree with two to three years’ experience in financial and staffing management, or equivalent experience, is required. A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or church management is highly desired, but not required.
- Independent worker, who is organized, demonstrates use of good judgment, and requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively (in oral and written modes) with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and the Internet, with Servant Keeper Church Management Software experience a plus.
- Shows evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a mature faith with the ability to relate to others.
$26,000 per year, exempt from overtime
- After one year of service, two weeks’ pay
- After five years of service, three weeks’ pay
- After 10 years of service, four weeks’ pay
- Any additional time missed is time without pay