Tabasco Habanero Crawfish Étouffée
January 12, 2014
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup fish or chicken stock
- 1 pound shelled crawfish tails (or shrimp)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Brand Habañero Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Combine cornstarch and stock in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Add to vegetables in skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add crawfish, green onions, parsley, Tabasco Brand Habañero Sauce and salt.
- Cook 5 minutes or until crawfish are tender, stirring frequently.
- Serve over rice.