- Of the 200 pairs of glasses ordered online, only 154 pairs were received
- 44.8% of these lenses had safety issues
- 29% had at least one lens that failed to meet the required prescription
- 19% of the adult lenses failed impact resistance testing
- 25% of children's lenses failed impact resistance testing
This study found that over half of the glasses ordered did not meet the safety standards or had an inaccurate prescription. See for yourself:
What Makes Glasses From Your Optometrist Different?
- The Perfect Fit - Our opticians are lens experts who have training to fit and adjust glasses to ensure they provide you with the best vision and comfort. Each pair of glasses sold at Sussex Eye Center comes with a personalized eyeglass fitting. Our opticians also use their experience to recommend frame styles that will provide the best fit and comfort. Frames are not “one size fits all” and an incorrect fit can lead to pinching, headaches, and additional vision problems.
Even if the frame fits well, measurements such as the pupillary distance (PD) and bifocal height are critical to ensuring you see the best from these lenses. Inaccurate measurements can lead to eye strain and even double vision.
- Accuracy of the Prescription - The lens companies we work with have a strict tolerance for any discrepancies between what was written in the prescription by your optometrist and what is made into the lens. This seems like a no brainer, but is not the case with all online stores. Our opticians verify all lenses before they are given to you to make sure they meet these standards and are exactly what you ordered.
- Quality of Materials - The lenses in glasses come in a variety of materials. Cheaper, plastic lenses can cause glare and distorted vision. Cheap anti-glare coatings can crack and flake off. Poor quality coatings do not provide as much protection from scratches. We only offer the highest quality materials to ensure the best vision.
- Complimentary Warranties - All of our frames and lenses come with warranties. This means that if your lenses get scratched, the anti-glare coating wears off, or if the frame breaks they will be replaced. Most of these warranties are for 1-2 years. All of our glasses also come with unlimited adjustments and maintenance by our opticians. Loose screws, crooked arms, or bent frames can be adjusted in a quick visit to our office, something not offered by online companies.
At Sussex Eye Center, we offer glasses at every price point while still offering the highest quality of frames and lenses. We stand behind the quality of our materials and products. Make an appointment today so you too can see the difference!