Historic home in Lewes built in 1888
Being offered, a one of a kind historic home built in 1888 with the beautiful architecture of the period, that features 9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, high ceilings, original stained glass windows, multiple fireplaces, beautiful hardwood floors, dual stair cases, and located on a quarter acre homesite in the historic district of Lewes. Formally known as ”The Kings Inn” it was the first bed and Breakfast in the City of Lewes. The home is also known as the William F. Marshall House, that was formally owned by Captain William F Marshall, one of the members of the great organization of Delaware Bay shipping and sailing skippers. “Captain Will” was known to river pilots up and down the river and to shipping men from all ports. Descended from a family that was associated with the sea for over 200 years, he spent 60 years of his life at sea, on the river, and in the Delaware Bay. And this was his home. It is just waiting for the buyer that has an appreciation of historic homes and would enjoy bringing it back to its formal glory. Any renovations will be subject to approval by the Historic Preservation Architectural Review Commission of Lewes. It is still currently zoned as a bed and breakfast. New owners would have the responsibility to pay for the business license if they wanted to re-open it as such. All of this is located in the charming historic town of Lewes Delaware. Founded in 1631, Lewes is situated where the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean meet at Cape Henlopen. Nowhere can the beauty of the Town, the Beaches, the Harbor, and Cape Henlopen State Park be equaled. It offers miles of beautiful beaches, bike paths spanning to Rehoboth Beach and points west of town, a WWII museum, nature trails, and bird sanctuaries. Call for an appointment today!
Call for more information today!
Offered at $935,000
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Toll Free: 1-800-GO-BEACH, ext. 117
Long and Foster | Christies International Real Estate
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
• Top Individual Agent Long & Foster Rehoboth Office for 13 consecutive years
• Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the entire State of Delaware for 2 consecutive years
• Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the Coastal Region for 3 consecutive years
• Five Star Professional Award Winning Sales Agent (based on client surveys) for 7 consecutive years
• Member of Long & Foster’s Gold Team. Founders Club Level, with sales volume of 10 to 20 million dollars per year. For 6 consecutive years.
• Zillow.com and Trulia.com 5 Star Professional 10 Consecutive years with Best of Zillow designation be awarded last year. Click Here for see client reviews online
• Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominiums over the past 13 years