Why Hiring a Professional Lawn Care Service is Worth it!
Infographic on Why Hiring a Lawn Care Service Is Worth It
Mowing, fertilizing, weeding, raking, aerating—when done correctly, maintaining a lawn can be quite the chore.
And although some homeowners claim to enjoy yardwork (we don’t believe them), many of us would rather spend our weekends relaxing with a cold one, finding time to finish that book we’ve been neglecting, or frankly, doing anything besides pushing a mower uphill in the dog days of summer.
That’s where lawn care services come in.
Leave maintenance to the pros, and spend your weekends enjoying your professionally manicured lawn rather than working on it.
Basic Seasonal Lawn Maintenance
- Mowing: In general, lawns should be mowed once a week during the spring, summer, and fall until the grass goes dormant for the winter.
- Aeration: Aeration—or perforating the topsoil—allows air, water, and nutrients to reach grass roots more easily. The best time to aerate is during the growing season.
- Fertilization: Generally, fertilizer should be applied three times a year. When to fertilize depends on the type of grass.
- Insecticide treatment: Lawns are generally more susceptible to infestations of grubs and other insects during the summer months.
- Weed control: Herbicides can be damaging to a stressed summer lawn, so it is better to pull weeds by hand during the hottest months.
- Fertilization: Warm-season grasses should be fertilized twice during the spring and once during late summer.
- Seeding: Fall is a good time to fill in thin or bare patches to ensure a dense, healthy lawn come spring.
- Raking: Without regular raking, lawns will suffer under layers of leaf debris.
- Fertilization: For cool-season grasses, fertilizer should be applied twice during the fall and once during early spring.
What Do Lawn Care Service Packages Include?
Lawn service contractors are experts in assessing your lawn's needs and may perform many services outside basic maintenance, including:
- Tree trimming and pruning
- Debris removal
- Flower bed planting
Many companies offer customizable and seasonal packages.