Share: 

Electrical fire damages Millsboro-area garage

September 4, 2017

A fire Sept. 3 that started in a motor home and burned a Millsboro-area garage was ruled accidental.

Firefighters from the Gumboro Volunteer Fire Company responded to the 36000 block of Pear Tree Road just before 3 a.m. for a garage fire, said Michael Chionchio, assistant state fire marshal. A detached garage and a motor home recreational vehicle were ablaze and threatening an adjacent home when firefighters arrived, he said.

Chionchio said the fire originated at the garage when an electrical malfunction occurred at the motor home RV electrical service hookup. The motor home RV and garage were heavily damaged by the fire. Chionchio said there were no reported injuries; fire damage was about $80,000.