Share: 

Fire burns home near Five Points

March 18, 2020

A mobile home fire March 18 near Five Points caused $15,000 in damage and displaced a family of five.

Firefighters with Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Milton and Slaughter Beach responded to the fire at 5 a.m. in the 17000 block of Evette Lane, said John M. Galaska, chief deputy state fire marshal.

Smoke and flames were coming from the structure when firefighters arrived. Galaska said the fire was accidental in nature, caused by an electrical malfunction on the interior of the structure. Smoke alarms were present and alerted the occupants who escaped the fire and were not hurt, Galaska said.

Fire damage is estimated at $15,000. The Red Cross is assisting the victims.