Share: 
Update

Fire burns three homes in Slaughter Beach

October 31, 2019

A generator started a fire Oct. 30 in Slaughter Beach that caused $800,000 in damage to three homes, officials say.

Firefighters from Memorial Volunteer Fire Co. and several others responded at 2:30 p.m. to three homes in the 200 block of Bay Avenue that were on fire, said Michael Chionchio, assistant state fire marshal.

The fire was accidental and caused by a house generator on the exterior of one of the homes, Chionchio said. There were no reported injuries, he said.

Damage to the homes is estimated at $800,000, Chionchio said.

 

Subscribe to the CapeGazette.com Daily Newsletter