A fire Jan. 14 at Snookie’s Automotive and Speed Parts on Route 1 was accidental, causing $150,000 in damage, fire officials say.
Firefighters from Milton and other fire departments which responded to the scene at 2 p.m. found the building engulfed in smoke. Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio said the fire was accidentally started when items placed too close to an inside heater ignited. No one was injured, he said.
Traffic was detoured off southbound Route 1 along back roads to Route 16.