Lutheran church food pantry open Tuesdays in Rehoboth
The Lord's Cupboard food pantry at the Lutheran Church of Our Savior is open from 9 to 11 a.m. and 3 to 5 p.m., Tuesdays, for anyone in need of assistance. The church address is 20276 Bay Vista Road, Rehoboth, behind Big Fish Grill.
Catholic Charities food drive
Catholic Charities Inc. of the Diocese of Wilmington again asks all its communities to help stock the pantry by contributing nonperishable food goods to help meet the unprecedented need for food assistance during the pandemic.
COVID-19-related restrictions have helped slow the virus spread but also contributed to high unemployment. The number of people experiencing job loss or a reduction in hours has greatly increased requests for food assistance. Catholic Charities team members have been able to meet this great need, and continued support will enable them to continue. They serve over 3,000 households each year through food cooperatives and emergency food pantries.
Donors can drop off food, personal hygiene items, cleaning supplies and grocery store gift cards seven days a week at Casa San Francisco, 127 Broad St., Milton; call ahead at 302-684-8694.
Those interested in receiving food assistance must apply for Catholic Charities program membership at cdow.org/charities, or by calling 302-684-8694 in Sussex County.
LCOS Rehoboth adds Blessing Box for needy
The Lutheran Church of Our Savior in Rehoboth recently added a Blessing Box in its parking lot, filled with nonperishable items for anyone in need. Donations are welcome; the guideline is “Take what you need and bring what you can.” The church is at 20276 Bay Vista Road behind Big Fish Grill and the box is at the parking lot entrance on Martin Street. For more information, go to www.lcosrehoboth.org.
St. Vincent dePaul charity accepting donations
The Society of St. Vincent dePaul is accepting donations to help community members meet basic needs such as heating oil, food, rent, electricity, medications, and bus tickets and gasoline to enable parents to get to work. Seaford's Our Lady of Lourdes conference of the SVdP serves all the towns and unincorporated areas of western Sussex County, as well as Hurlock and Federalsburg, Md. Financial gifts can be mailed to: SVdP, P.O. Box 719, Seaford, DE 19973. Make checks payable to the Society of St. Vincent dePaul, OLL. For more information, contact Lynne Betts at at 302-265-5602.
Mariners Bethel UMC offers lunch ministry in Ocean View area
Mariners Bethel United Methodist Church is working with the Lord Baltimore Lions Club to offer an outreach ministry called Feed My Sheep, which offers a fresh-cooked lunch every Tuesday and Thursday for anyone in need in the Ocean View area. Lunch is available as either pickup or home delivery; for details and to order, call 302-539-9510.
St. Peter’s hosts online Bible study Wednesdays
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Lewes will host an online Bible study from 7 to 8:15 p.m., Wednesdays. Participants will work their way through the Gospel of Matthew and explore the ways in which this Gospel forms the sense of what it means to see Jesus as the fulfillment of the hopes for the messiah. This study group is an open discussion, guided by various members of the clergy. To request the Zoom link, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free lunch and fellowship Thursdays at New Covenant
New Covenant Presbyterian Church invites everyone to More Than a Meal lunch gatherings including soup, salad, dessert and fellowship from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Thursday. All CDC-mandated safety and health precautions are observed. For more information, go to ncpchurch.com or call 302-644-6800.
New Covenant holds Sunday worship and classes
New Covenant Presbyterian Church of Lewes holds adult and children’s Sunday school at 9 a.m. and worship service at 10:30 a.m. The church observes all safety and health precautions and maintains a zone with enhanced COVID-19 protection protocol for those with health concerns. All are welcome to join in communicating the Gospel by word, by deed and with passion. New Covenant Presbyterian Church is at 16796 Kings Highway, Lewes. For more information, call 302-644-6800 or go to ncpchurch.com. Services also are streamed on the church’s Facebook page.
Local churches offer online services
• Insight Meditation Community of Lewes, virtual weekly meditation, 4 p.m., Mondays, via Zoom. For details email email@example.com or call Carolyn Quinn at 302-644-7650.
• Lutheran Church of Our Savior, Rehoboth Beach, Sunday Mass, 10:30 a.m., via Facebook. Go to www.lcosrehoboth.org for more information.
• Water’s Edge Church, Milton, Sunday service, 9 a.m. Broadcasting live on Facebook or YouTube.
• St. Peter’s Episcopal, Lewes, Sunday service, 9 a.m. Go to stpeterslewes.org for more information.
• Unity of Rehoboth Beach Sunday service, 10:30 a.m., via Facebook. For more information go to unityofrehobothbeach.org.
• Bethel UMC, Lewes, virtual worship, 11 a.m., via YouTube. Go to bethellewes.org for more information.
• Groome UMC, Lewes, virtual worship, 10 a.m., at www.groomechurchlewes.org.
• Eagle’s Nest, Milton, Sunday service, go to eaglesnest.ch for more information.
• Westminster Presbyterian, Rehoboth Beach, Sunday service, go to westminster-rehoboth.org for audio of prerecorded service.
• St. Jude the Apostle Church, Lewes, Sunday mass, via YouTube. Go to www.stjudelewes.org for more information.
• Epworth United Methodist Church , Rehoboth, Sunday worship, via YouTube. Go to www.eumcrb.org for more information.
• St. Edmond Roman Catholic Church, Rehoboth Beach, Sunday mass, via YouTube. Go to www.stedmond.org for more information.
• The Episcopal Parish of All Saints’ Church, Rehoboth, and St. George’s Chapel, Lewes, Sunday service, via YouTube. Go to www.allsaintsandstgeorges.org for more information.
• Lewes Presbyterian Church weekly service posted on YouTube at 9:15 a.m. every Sunday. More informaiton at lewespresbyterianchurch.org.
• New Covenant Presbyterian Church, Lewes, Sunday worship service, 10:30 a.m., via Facebook Live. Go to www.ncpchurch.com for more information.
• Safe Harbor UCC, Milton, Sunday worship, 5 p.m., via Facebook Live. For more information, go to safeharborucc.org.
• The Crossing Church, Milton, non-denominational Sunday worship, via YouTube. Go to www.thecrossingde.org for more information.