Most people are aware of Groome United Methodist Church because of the land its congregation has sold for development on New Road. Located on Savannah Road in Lewes, the church is more than 100 years old, having formed in 1904. Its original name was Groome Memorial Methodist Protestant Church, in honor of Ann Groome who donated land for the structure. In 1945, author Frank R. Zebley photographed and gathered information about churches from one end of the state to the other for an eventual book titled Churches of Delaware. He made this photograph of the interior of Groome in October of the year. It shows the distinctive stamped metal paneling that covers the walls and ceiling of the sanctuary, which is still in place to this day.