A fire that heavily damaged an Overbrook Shores home March 17 was caused by a malfunction in a parked car, fire officials say.
The fire was reported at 9:30 a.m. in the 29000 block of West Mill Run in the Overbrook Shores community off Cave Neck Road, said Michael Chionchio, assistant state fire marshal.
Firefighters with the Lewes Fire Department responded to the scene, which was caused by a parked car in an attached garage, Chionchio said. A mechanical malfunction in the car sparked the fire causing about $250,000 in damage, Chionchio said.
No one was injured in the fire. More information will be provided when available.