Schellville is on the move.
The popular attraction sponsored by builder/developer Schell Brothers will not be part of Winter Wonderfest this holiday season.
Instead, an expanded Schellville Enchanted Winter Celebration will take place in November and December on a 6-acre site behind Tanger Outlets Seaside along Holland Glade Road north of Rehoboth Beach.
The celebration will include a 100-by-200-foot roller-skating rink featuring a loop where skaters can roll under a tunnel of lights, and an expanded cobblestone Enchanted Christmas Village with 18 houses, including a new pet hospital and airplane hangar. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand each night of the festival. Admission is free to the public with $5 rentals for skates.
But that's only the beginning.
There will be a large Christmas tree at the entrance – perfect for photo opportunities, an expanded outdoor lounge area with fire pits, new and improved snow machines providing twice as much snow for 15 minutes every hour, and two trains passing through a tunnel of lights with views of holiday characters, and Christmas decorations and trees.
Other features of the festival will include:
• Candy Cane Artisan's Lane market with 10 artisans selling gifts, stocking stuffers and Schellville memorabilia.
• Frosty's Food Truck Alley each night with five trucks; a Ho, Ho, Ho Hospitality Tent for adults sponsored by La Vida Hospitality overlooking the skating rink; and coffee and hot chocolate from the Schell Brothers Coffee House.
• Starboard Stage featuring live acts.
• Project Kudos bus with an interactive Believe-O-Meter.
• A snow zone for safe snowball fights each evening and 16 snow machines to cover the grounds every 15 minutes.
• A Christmas tree maze with an Enchanted Elf Village, Revelation Two Blokes Beer Garden and Christmas trees to explore.
The festival will be open from 5 to 9 p.m., Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 20-Dec. 31, and the entire week of Dec. 26-Dec. 31.
Alyssa Titus, Schell Brothers director of marketing, said a partnership has been created with Harry K Foundation to provide food to children in need. Each of the businesses in the market will donate 10 percent of their proceeds to the foundation.
“We are out getting ready right now and are super excited to offer this to the community,” she said. “This will be the best holiday event in Sussex County.”
COVID-19 protocols will be in effect as mandated by the state. Unvaccinated persons will be required to wear masks.
At a Sept. 30 press conference, Titus thanked the many partners collaborating for the event, including Tanger Outlets/Rehoboth Beach, Christmas Decor by G.M.G. and Light Action.
Titus said more than 800 volunteers are needed. For more information, go to Schellville.com.
To reserve tickets, go to eventbrite.com/e/schellville-enchanted-winter-celebration-tickets-171275899827?aff=ebdssbeac.