With heavy rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for the weekend, the following events have been canceled:
Friday, May 18
• Milton Farmers Market has canceled the market this week. The market is expected to resume next Friday.
• Cape baseball game versus Saint Mark’s has been moved to Monday, May 21.
• Sussex Tech boys’ lacrosse game versus Delmar has been postponed. Makeup date TBA.
Saturday, May 19
• Survive & Thrive 5K at Stango Park in Lewes. The survivor’s untimed walk/run will be either Saturday, June 9 or Saturday, June 16. The Survivor’s Celebration at Gilligan’s Waterfront Restaurant and Bar will occur from noon to 3 p.m., Saturday, May 19. There will be a small auction, great food and drink specials, and pick-up for T-shirts and race bags.
• Peace, Love & Horseshoe Crab Festival at DNREC’s DuPont Nature Center at Mispillion Harbor Reserve near Milford.
• DIAA Track and Field State Championships has been moved to Monday, May 21.
• DIAA softball games, including home games for Sussex Central and Sussex Tech, have been moved to 4 p.m., Monday, May 21.
• The Nanticoke Indian Museum Heritage Day has been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
Sunday, May 20
• Nassau Valley Vineyard Farmers Market, in Nassau is cancelled this Sunday due to wet conditions of the grounds, it will open for the season on Sunday, May 27, noon to 3 p.m.