Share: 

Sussex Academy boys’ lax looks to improve

March 14, 2019

The Sussex Academy boys’ lacrosse team is going into the 2019 season with hopes to improve on their 2-13 record of 2018.

“We are a very young team with only two seniors,” said second-year SA coach Justin Hetherington. “We are looking to build and improve upon last year’s first-year varsity squad.”

 

Seniors Riley McCoy and Junior Max Kogler will be leading the attack, with the experienced midfield of Jackson Dinger, Ryan Burke and Grant Thomas back on the SA turf. 

 

Holding down the defense are Kenny Cay II, Jake Mundok and long stick middie Riley Custodio.

 

“Our newer players have drastically improved over the off-season, and we expect great things for our 2019 season,” said Hetherington.

The Seahawks will open their 2019 season Friday, March 22, at home with Hodgson.