As Halloween creeps closer, this page will get updated with more family-friendly events.
SATURDAY, Oct. 23
• Restore, Sussex County Habitat for Humanity will host a trunk-or-treat from 4 to 6 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 23 on the front lawn of 18501 Stamper Dr. in Lewes. Free registration is required. Register to be a trunker or treater at sussexcountyhabitat.org/events/trunk-or-treat. Donations for Food Bank of Delaware are requested.
Friday, Oct. 29
• Dewey Beach businesses will offer trick-or-treating from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Friday, Oct. 29. Starting at 7 p.m., Dewey Business Partnership will sponsor a haunted bonfire party and graveyard on the bay beach at Van Dyke St. Go to deweybusinesspartnership.com for more information.
Friday, Oct. 29 - Sunday, Oct. 31
• The Children’s Fantasy Trail at Cape Henlopen State Park will open at 6 p.m. each evening of Halloween weekend, Friday, Oct. 29 through Sunday, Oct. 31. Trick-or-treat with storybook characters along a trail lined with jack-o-lanterns. Admission is $6 per person. Call 302-645-6852 for more information.
SATURDAY, Oct. 30
• Bethany Beach businesses will offer trick-or-treating from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30, at approximately 40 participating locations displaying trick-or-treat flags. Other family-friendly activities will take place the same day during Wags, Witches & Warlocks Halloween Festival. Go to capegazette.com/node/228940 for more information.
• Hudson Fields will be celebrating Halloween with a trunk-or-treat from 5 to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30. Trunk participants are encouraged to start set up at 4 p.m. and come prepared with enough candy to share with at least 100 kids. Go to facebook.com/HudsonFieldsDE for more information.
• Town of Milton’s trick-or-treating from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30, coincides with the chamber’s new event, Wicked Weekend. Fantasy and haunted trails will be set up in Milton Memorial Park. Go to capegazette.com/node/226807 for more information.
• Downtown Rehoboth Beach merchants will host trick-or-treating from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 30, after a fun-filled day of Sea Witch Festival activities. Go to beach-fun.com for more information.
Sunday, Oct. 31
• City of Lewes’ trick-or-treating is 6 to 8 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 31. For more information, go to ci.lewes.de.us or call city hall at 302-645-7777.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit 28 will hold a trunks for treats event from 6 to 8 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 31, at the post pavilion, 31768 Legion Road, Millsboro. There will be lots of goodies and fun. The event is open to the public to decorate cars and bring the kids. If weather is ghostly, the event will be held in the bingo hall. For more information, contact June Jones at 484-571-9214.
• The parking lot next to Conley’s United Methodist Church will host safe and child-friendly trick-or-treating from 6 to 8 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 31. Conley’s UMC is located at 33106 Jolyns Way, Lewes, off Camp Arrowhead Road. Trunks for treats features decorated auto trunks in themes that are not scary, not gory and not ghoulish, just fun! For more information, contact the church office at 302-945-1881 or office@ConleysUMC.org, or go to ConleysUMC.org.