Fire burns Hollyville Road home

January 30, 2019

A fire Jan. 28 burned a Hollyville Road home, but all occupants got out safely.

The fire was reported at 10:48 p.m. and flames were coming out from underneath the single-wide manufactured home when firefighters from Millsboro, Indian River and Dagsboro arrived. Occupants of the home were able to escape safely and there were no injuries, said Millsboro Fire Co. officials.

The specific utility companies were notified to discontinue service to the structure, and the propane provider was notified as a result of a propane leak. The American Red Cross was notified in order to assist the impacted families. The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the cause and origin of the fire.

Subscribe to the Daily Newsletter