Scars are visible signs that remain after a wound has healed. They are unavoidable results of injury or surgery, and their development can be unpredictable. Poor healing may contribute to scars that are obvious, unsightly or disfiguring. Even a wound that heals well can result in a scar that affects your appearance. Scars may be raised or recessed, different in color or texture from surrounding healthy tissue or particularly noticeable due to their size, shape or location. Although scar revision can provide a more pleasing cosmetic result or improve a scar that has healed poorly, a scar cannot be completely erased.
Treatment options may vary based on the type and degree of scarring and can include:
- Simple topical treatments
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Surgical revision with advanced techniques in wound closure
Scar revision is a highly individualized procedure and can be performed on people of any age and is a good option for you if:
- You are bothered by a scar anywhere on your body
- You are physically healthy
- You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for your scar revision surgery
- You do not have active acne or other skin diseases in the area to be treated
If you have a scar that makes you feel self-conscience and would like to consider enhancing your appearance with scar revision surgery, call us to set up a consultation today, 302-645-7737. Saturday appointments are available!
the Swier Clinic
Where true beauty is uniquely personal...
Visit our website at
for updates, specials and discounts!
If you would like to be added to our e-newsletter list please contact
Cassandra at: email@example.com
*Information for this article was gathered from www.plasticsurgery.com