Residents with questions about flood recovery can contact the Delaware Division of Public Health’s Hurricane Sandy call center at 866-408-1899. The call center is scheduled to be open Tuesday, Oct. 30 noon to 4:30 p.m., and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, to Friday, Nov. 2. Hours may be subject to change due to call volume and storm conditions. For updated call center hours, follow Twitter #SandyDe or #StormDE.
DPH operators will be able to answer questions about flooded wells, drinking water safety, food safety, mold and other issues; including
• How do you find out if your food is safe after a power outage or a flood?
• What to do with a flooded well?
• How do I disinfect my water?
• How do you prevent mold after a flood?
• What is the safest way to clean up a flooded basement?
• How do you avoid indoor air quality problems?
• What do I need to do to reopen a food establishment after flooding?
For immediate information, visit www.Delaware.gov for fact sheets on coping with flooding.
Spanish speaking operators will be available. Individuals seeking TTY services should call 7-1-1 or 800-232-5460.