FEMA helpline set up for Sussex storm victims

November 2, 2012

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, the clean-up and recovery process may leave many property owners wondering where to go for financial assistance to recover from damages suffered in the storm.  Some aid may be available to qualified property owners through the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Damage assessment depends upon homeowners and other property owners reporting significant damage and storm related impacts to their local city or county emergency management agency.

The Sussex County number to call to report storm related damage is 302-856-7366; the office is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

How should homeowners determine whether to call?  If significant damage to the home caused the resident to move out or if they will have to find other housing while repair work is performed, they should call their city or county emergency management agency.  If the residence is a mobile home and water reached floor level, owners should also call.
Business owners who had had physical or economic losses that are not covered by private insurance should call the emergency management agency.
Property owners who fail to call and make a claim could miss an opportunity for financial assistance.

Welcome to The Cape Gazette Archive.
This content is provided free of charge
thanks to our sponsor:

Close ad in...

Close Ad