First Town Club visits historic Berlin, Md.

Shown at The Globe in Berlin, Md., are in back (l-r) Ina Appolito, Charlotte King, Mary B. Rolio, Joan Beck, Judy Ringdahl, Pat Hall, Chris Csider, Pat Hauf, Maggie St. Jean, Terry Palumbo, Kathleen McCain, Muriel Pfieffer, Barbara Holt and Mary Vernon. Seated behind the railing are Rita Daniel, Carol Bradford, Pat Walls and Patrice DeHaven. In front are Maddy Coss, Dottie Papp, Gerry Kraus, Joan Bodie and Judy Guidone (holding the Cape Gazette) and Caroline Quinn. SOURCE SUBMITTED
November 24, 2012

The First Town Club of Lewes is a social club for women in the Lewes and Rehoboth area. The club provides opportunities for women to come together and enjoy a common bond of friendship.

The club visited historic Berlin, Md., Nov. 13.  Members toured the Calvin B. Taylor House Berlin Town Museum, which is a carefully restored 19th century house in Berlin's National Register of Historic Places District. The main block of the house has been furnished as a house museum, and the west wing has a gallery displaying local memorabilia.

The group then visited Holland House Bed & Breakfast Inn (circa 1900), a turn-of-the-century doctor's residence. After touring, the group relaxed for a delicious lunch at The Globe, former home to The Old Globe Theater in downtown Berlin.

To learn about the various social and cultural programs offered by the First Town Club, contact Terry Palumbo, president, at 302-645-9719.