Bad Byron's Beer Can Chicken
- 2 lb Whole Chicken (fryer)
- 1/2 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 12 ounce CAN of American Beer
- A few sprigs of fresh herbs, Rosemary works well.
- Bad Byron's Butt Rub® to cover chicken
- 2 Cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
Clean the chicken inside and out. Pat dry. Coat the outside of the chicken with Bad Byron's Butt Rub®. Stuff the cavity with the onions, garlic and herbs. Using a can opener (the pointy kind) make about five openings in the top of the can of beer. Pour out half of the beer (If you like beer-drink it). Carefully place the chicken (this is the tricky part) open end first over the beer can so that the chicken sits upright on the can. Place the beer can and chicken assembly on the grill and cook with the lid closed until done.