Prep Time: 15 min.
Fridge Time: 1 hr
Cook Time : 45 min
Skill Level: Medium
12 whole chicken wings, we prefer air-cooled/ cage-free chicken
3 ounces unsalted butter
1/4 cup Fifty Shades of Red Hot Sauce
1 tespoon OBIS ONE black garlic salt
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Preheat oven to 425 F.
1. If your wings come whole, remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Give the whole wing a quick bend and separate the wings at the joint using a knife.
2. Place the wings onto a wire rack set in a half sheet pan and roast 20 minutes. This removes excess fat for better cooking and health. ( For easier clean-up place a piece of parchment paper on sheet pan). Turn off oven to save energy.
3. Remove the wings from oven, let cool and pat dry. Transfer wings to a clean cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven again to 425 degrees F.
5. Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Using half the OBIS ONE black garlic salt, coat one side of the wings and roast on the middle rack of the oven for 18 minutes. Turn the wings over and sprinkle the remaining OBIS ONE garlic salt on top. Cook another 18 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
6. While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter in a small bowl and mix in Fifty Shades Of Red Hot Sauce, brown sugar and dry mustard until well blended.
7. Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Roast for an additional 5-8 minutes. Remove for the last time, add any leftover sauce and serve warm.