Did you know surgical techniques exist that can minimize a scar making it more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture?
Scars are visible signs that remain after a wound has healed. They are unavoidable results of injury or surgery, and their development can be unpredictable. Poor healing may contribute to scars that are obvious, unsightly or disfiguring. Even a wound that heals well can result in a scar that affects your appearance.
Scars may be raised or recessed, different in color or texture from surrounding healthy tissue or particularly noticeable due to their size, shape or location. Although scar revision can provide a more pleasing cosmetic result or improve a scar that has healed poorly, a scar cannot be completely erased.
Treatment options may vary based on the type and degree of scarring and can include:
- Simple topical treatments
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Surgical revision with advanced techniques in wound closure
Scar revision is a highly individualized procedure and can be performed on people of any age and is a good option for you if:
- You are bothered by a scar anywhere on your body
- You are physically healthy
- You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for your scar revision surgery
- You do not have active acne or other skin diseases in the area to be treated
If you have a scar that makes you feel self-conscious and would like to consider enhancing your appearance with scar revision surgery, call us to set up a consultation today, 302-645-7737. Saturday appointments are available.
the Swier Clinic
1400 Savannah Road | Lewes, Delaware 19958
2600 Glasgow Avenue | Suite 102 | Newark, Delaware 19702-4777