White Zombie Peg Leg Beer Cheese Soup
September 26, 2013
- 1½ cups minced Carrot
- 1½ cups minced Onion
- 1½ cups minced Celery
- 2 minced cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Captain Thom’s White Zombie Sauce
- ⅛ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Clipper City, Peg Leg Stout
- 4 cups Milk
- 6 cups shredded, sharp Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Mustard ( Dijon)
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp dry Mustard
- ⅓ cup Flour
- ⅓ cup Butter
- 1 slice French bread (per bowl)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- In a pot over medium heat, stir carrots, onion, celery and garlic together. Pour in Peg Leg Stout, chicken broth, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and White Zombie Sauce. Simmer vegetable mix for about 12 minutes until vegetables are tender. Then remove from heat.
- In another pot melt butter over medium-high heat (stirring not to burn), gradually whisk in the flour and cook until a light brown color appears. Stir in milk and continue stiring until roux starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese slowly until all of the cheese is blended.
- Add vegetable soup mix and roux/ cheese mix together, stirring in Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. In the mean time.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the slices of French bread, which have been buttered on both sides, turning to toast golden brown on each side. Put the toasted bread in a bowl, add the hot, Peg Leg Beer Cheese Soup and serve.
- Keep the White Zombie Sauce handy to add a little extra!