Down To The Bone Grill Asparagus
November 16, 2013
- 1 LBS thin asparagus spears, tough ends snapped
- 1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Down to the Bone Mild Madness Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and place a sheet of aluminum foil on the grate.
- While grill is heating, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop asparagus spears into boiling water and stir gently; cook until the asparagus are bright green but still crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and cool quickly under a stream of cold water.
- Place asparagus into a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place asparagus onto the foil-lined grill grate and cook until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Turn spears over several times with tongs.
- Transfer grilled asparagus to a serving platter.
- Stir butter, sour cream, and Down to the Bone Mild Madness Barbecue Sauce together in a bowl; drizzle over asparagus to serve.