Caribbean Sensations Key Lime Steak Charon
November 30, 2013
- 4 New York Strip Steaks (10-12 oz. each)
- 1/2 Cup Caribbean Sensation Key Lime Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 Cup Brandy
Mock Creole Sauce:
- 1 12-oz. Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Hotel-Pak Gold Herbes de Provence
- 1 Tbsp. Basil
- 2 Bay Leaves Chopped Green Onions, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with the steak seasoning.
- In a very hot skillet, melt the butter until almost smoking.
- Add the steaks and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Carefully add the brandy to the skillet. (It may flame, but this is OK.)
- Lower heat, add the sauce and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until steaks are cooked to desired doneness.
- Place steaks on a platter and spoon the sauce on top. Garnish with green onions.