John Henry Nutty Pecan Waffles
March 13, 2014
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons John Henry's Pecan Rub Seasoning (Click To BUY)
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, John Henry's Pecan Rub Seasoning (Click To BUY) and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat together egg yolks and milk. Add milk mixture, butter and oil to flour; stir gently to combine. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks have formed; fold into batter.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron and sprinkle generously with chopped pecans. Cook until golden brown. Keep warm in oven while remaining waffles cook.
Click to check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/