Holy Sh*t Hot Sausage Peppers & Onions
March 23, 2014
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds Italian sausage links
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) bottles beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Holy Shit Habañero Sauce (Click To BUY)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausage until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan, and set aside.
- Pour in 1 bottle of beer to deglaze the pan, scraping up any blackened bits from the bottom. Place the red peppers, green peppers, onions and garlic in the pan. Stir in the remaining beer and the tomato paste.
- Season with oregano, cilantro, Holy Shit Habañero Sauce (Click To BUY), salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer until onions and peppers are tender.
- Slice the sausages into bite size pieces, and add to the peppers. Cover, and simmer until sausage is cooked through.
Click to check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/