Tabasco Chocolate Chunk Wonderful Brownie Recipe
April 11, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces & spices at http://peppers.com/
- 2 (12 ounce) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 piece) can Tabasco Brand Spicy Dark Chocolate Wedges (Chopped)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 12-ounce package of chocolate chips in a saucepan with 2/3 cup of butter over very low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Watch carefully to avoid scorching;
- Remove from heat, and scrape into a large bowl. Beat in the sugar, a couple of tablespoons at a time, then beat in the eggs 2at a time until the mixture is well combined.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in 1 more 12-ounce package of chocolate chips, Tabasco Brand Spicy Dark Chocolate Wedges and the pecans.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Mix the cream and 1/4 cup of butter together in a saucepan over low heat until the butter has melted, stirring constantly; pour in remaining 1 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips and stir to melt completely.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl, and beat on Medium speed with an electric mixer until combined, about 1 minute; chill the frosting thoroughly, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Mixture should be theconsis tency of thick cream; beat the frosting again with electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spread frosting on cooled brownies.