Whites Chapel dedicates historical marker

Parishioners gather in front of Whites Chapel, June 29, to dedicate the new historical marker. BY DENY HOWETH
July 5, 2014

Whites Chapel U.M. Church marked 175 years of continual service with a historical marker to formally present the historical significance of the chapel.

The first church structure was built in 1842; the second, built in 1872, was destroyed by fire in 1920. The present structure has been in continual service since 1921.