Heartbreaking Dawns Dr. Bird Jerk Chicken Pizza Recipe
July 30, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Heartbreaking Dawns Dr. Bird Jerk Blend(Click To BUY)
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 portobello mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package pre-baked thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) package thinly sliced salami
- Preheat the oven broiler. Brush the green pepper with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and place on a baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes on each side, until skin begins to scorch. Remove from heat, and seal in a plastic container for 15 minutes. Cut into strips, remove seeds, pulp, and skin, and dice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Mix in the roasted green pepper, Heartbreaking Dawns Dr. Bird Jerk Blend(Click To BUY), garlic, and portobello mushroom. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan, and spread with pizza sauce. Arrange the salami, then the chicken mixture evenly over the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizza 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.