Fat Cat Caribbean Curry Chicken Recipe
August 21, 2014
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at http://peppers.com/
- 1/4 cup curry powder, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 pinch ground allspice, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Fat Cat Caribbean Curry(Click To BUY)
- 2 1/4 pounds whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 potato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- Whisk 2 tablespoons curry powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, onion powder, salt, thyme leaves, allspice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add chicken and coat with curry mixture until curry mixture is wet and sticks to chicken.
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons curry powder in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until oil is hot and curry powder changes color, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken to the hot oil mixture and reduce heat to medium. Add potato, carrots, scallions, ginger, and Fat Cat Caribbean Curry(Click To BUY) to skillet.
- Cover skillet and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and gravy is thickened, allowing chicken to cook undisturbed for last 15 minutes of cooking, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken from skillet and continue simmering gravy if needed to thicken.