Baked Hawaiian Honey Ham Sandwiches Made with Gator Hammock Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce
September 14, 2018
- 24 Hawaiian bread rolls (such as King's®), split
- 12 thin slices of honey-cured deli ham, halved
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 12 thin slices deli smoked turkey, halved
- 12 thin slices provolone cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoon Gator Hammock Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce
- Place a rack into lower half of oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange bottom halves of Hawaiian rolls on a baking sheet. Place a half slice each of ham, Swiss cheese, smoked turkey, and provolone cheese onto each roll bottom. Place top halves onto each bottom to make sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir in sugar, dried onion flakes, poppy seeds, and Gator Hammock Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce until mixture is smoothly combined, creamy, and the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes; brush over the tops of each sandwich.
- Bake sandwiches on the preheated oven's lower rack until tops are golden brown and fillings are hot, about 15 minutes.