The Overfalls Foundation inducted its 11th class into the Delaware Maritime Hall of Fame during ceremonies Oct. 13 at Lewes Yacht Club. Their names will be engraved on a stone monument that stands alongside the Lightship Overfalls next to Canalfront Park in Lewes. The inductees were: CDR Frank S. Carter Sr., Dale W. Clifton Jr., Patrick R. Cooke, William R. (Red) Moulinier and Stephen A. Roberts.
Shown following the ceremonies are inductees and organizers of the event.
They are (l-r) Ruby Schaeffer, hall of fame committee; Capt. Steve Roberts, a 34-year member of the Pilots Association for the Bay and River Delaware honored for his many improvements to navigational safety, and security and development for the Port of Philadelphia; William R. ‘Reds’ Moulinier, leader in the effort to restore and preserve the Harbor of Refuge Lighthouse; Patrick R. Cooke, visionary leader in the growth of the Port of Wilmington and president of the Longshoremen’s Union No. 1694; Dale W. Clifton Jr., devoted marine historian who shares his love for preservation via his DiscoverSea Museum in Fenwick Island; descendants of the family of Commander Frank Saulsbury Carter Sr., first commanding officer of the Harbor Entrance Control Post at Fort Miles tasked with guarding the entrance to Delaware Bay during World War II: Frank Saulsbury ‘Nick’ Carter III, grandson; Chris Potter Nibouar, granddaughter; Capt. David Anthony Potter, grandson; and Frank Saulsbury Carter IV, great-grandson.
At far right is Hall of Fame Committee member and past inductee Elaine Simmerman.