Rehoboth Beach Police Department employees were recognized at the annual police awards banquet April 16 for outstanding service in 2018. The event, which took place at Kings Creek Country Club, was attended by employees and their families, city officials, and friends of the department.
“On this special evening, we come together to honor the members of the Rehoboth Beach Police Department for going above and beyond the call of duty to keep our community safe. Nominated by their peers, the night is truly a unique opportunity for the department, community leaders, and everyday citizens to recognize the outstanding work this department does every single day,” said Chief Keith Banks.
Two of the top honors went to Cpl. Josh Kosiorowski, who was named Officer of the Year, and Dispatcher Nicholas Priddy, who received the Civilian of the Year Award. Among the awards and honorees were:
• Recognition of Years of Service: Sgt. Raymond Edwards, Cpl. Mark Sweet, Lt. Jaime Riddle, Chief Keith Banks, Administrative Assistant Marion Jones
• Recognition of 2018 Promotions: Promotion to the Rank of Corporal Josh Kosiorowski; Promotion to the Rank of Sergeant Brian Kaczmarczyk
• Life-Saving Award: Cpl. Jeffrey Bixler, Detective Tyler Whitman, Cpl. Mark Sweet, Cpl. Josh Kosiorowski, Sgt. Brian Kaczmarczyk
• Exceptional Performance Award: Cpl. Bryson Ezell, Sgt. Raymond Edwards, Cpl. Dana Wyant, Detective Tyler Whitman, Dispatcher Gregory Tietmeyer
• Commendation for Merit Award: Dispatcher Steven Watson
• Firearms Award: Cpl. Josh Kosiorowski, Cpl. Dana Wyant
• DUI Enforcement Award: Cpl. Dana Wyant
• Most Complaints Investigated Award: Cpl. Jeffrey Bixler
• Exceptional Criminal Enforcement Award: Cpl. Josh Kosiorowski
• Exceptional Traffic Enforcement Award: Cpl. Josh Kosiorowski.