5 Reasons to Buy a Beach Home in Coastal Delaware
The list of reasons to live at the Delaware beaches is seemingly endless; but the reasons to buy a beach home here are all the more compelling. From the fiscal perks right down to the simple joys of beach living, purchasing a beach home in coastal Delaware is an excellent (and savvy) decision!
1. It’s a Great Investment. While real estate markets, like most other economic indicators, ebb and flow, beach homes are proven to retain their value extremely well over time. Think about it…there are only 26 miles of Atlantic coastline in Delaware, a finite amount of area where homes can be built. And as long as the ocean is right next door, this land and these homes are going to remain highly sought-after. While homes in this area cost more to purchase initially, they are proven to be a fantastic investment over time.
2. Rental Income. If you’re not living in the home full-time, then you’re looking at a nearly certain second income by renting the property out to tourists when you’re not using it. The rental amount, in southern Delaware or in any coastal area, will vary according to the time of year. You’ll most likely be able to charge a higher amount for weekly rentals in the summer of course; however the shoulder seasons of spring and fall have become increasingly popular for visitors to vacation at the Delaware beaches.
3. Head Start on Retirement. It’s no secret that southern Delaware has become a mecca for retirees in recent years, leading to the birth of the term “Florida of the North.” Our awesome tax benefits have certainly enhanced the number of people who want to end up in Delaware. Even if you’re not yet retired from your career, why not buy your dream home now so it’s waiting for you when you are finally ready?
4. Unscheduled Vacations. If you have a home at the beach and don’t live there year-round, you’ve got a ready-made home base anytime you feel like getting away! You can vacation with family and friends, without a reservation, for a short weekend or extended amount of time. And vacation gear (think beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, the kiddo’s sand toys) can be stored at your place so there’s no need to carry it back and forth from your primary residence.
5. Health Benefits. Okay, so this one is a little more difficult to quantify as it’s more of a state of mind than an opinion based on hard facts. But how often have you visited the beach, smelled that pure salt air, felt the cool ocean breeze on your face and just automatically felt better? It’s easy to feel at peace when you’re close to the water, and that often leads to mental and physical benefits that are far-reaching.
To learn more, contact us at: