When a home goes on the market, it should look great. Often there are improvements that must be made before a house is ready to show well. When you are preparing to list your home, it is strongly recommended that you go through each room with a critical eye.
What are you looking for? Start with the ceiling, and look for any cracks or water stains, then inspect the condition of the paint and wallpaper. Make sure that the windows are clean and window treatments are attractive. All of the closets and storage spaces should be neat and organized (a cluttered closet looks smaller!). If the rooms seem crowded with too much furniture, you can create a more spacious look by storing your "overflow".
A well-maintained house tends to sell much more quickly than one where buyers must use a lot of imagination to see it in a positive light. The condition of your house will help to determine the selling price. The better the house looks, the better your chances of selling it at the best price. A real estate agent can help you by recommending the repairs and cleaning that will increase your home's marketability.
For more information, contact Bill Cullin today!
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Call or Text: (302) 841-7147
Toll Free: (800) GO-BEACH, Ext 27117
ACCREDITATIONS & AWARDS:
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Overall Top Producing Individual Agent in Delaware at Long & Foster
- 2022-3rd Consecutive Year: Member of the Long & Foster’s Gold Team Master Club Level, with sales volume of over $20-35 million
- 2022-9th Consecutive Year: Five Star Professional Award-Winning Sales Agent
- 2022-16th Consecutive Year: Top Producing Agent at Long & Foster’s Rehoboth Beach Office
- 2022-13th Consecutive Year: “Zillow.com 5 Star Professional”, with “Best of Zillow” designation awarded in 2019
- Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominium in Rehoboth Beach, with well over 40 transactions, exceeding the volume of any team or agent in Delaware
- Homesnap Top 5% Award, based on 202 data from over 1 million Homesnap Pro agents nationwide
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
Office: 302-227-2541, Ext 27117