It is not unusual for home buyers to feel that the lender is being very critical during the loan approval process. The buyer is required to provide all kinds of financial information, and then the lender asks for more. If this is your experience, and the process seems discouraging, remember that none of this is personal!
Some lenders have more stringent requirements than others, but every lender requires a substantial amount of documentation on a mortgage loan. They must verify employment, credit history, and recent financial transactions involving your liquid assets. If your Visa payment was late, they may ask for a letter explaining why. If you are self-employed, they will ask for tax returns from at least three years and probably a year-to-date profit and loss statement.
Government regulations require mortgage companies to document everything. And while the loan officer may know that you are a reliable risk, the underwriters must be able to defend the loan to a federal bank examiner or auditor.
To Learn More, Contact Bill at 302-841-7147 Today.
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Toll Free: 1-800-GO-BEACH, ext. 117
Long and Foster | Christies International Real Estate
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
• Top Individual Agent Long & Foster Rehoboth Office for 13 consecutive years
• Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the entire State of Delaware for 2 consecutive years
• Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the Coastal Region for 3 consecutive years
• Five Star Professional Award Winning Sales Agent (based on client surveys) for 7 consecutive years
• Member of Long & Foster’s Gold Team. Founders Club Level, with sales volume of 10 to 20 million dollars per year. For 6 consecutive years.
• Zillow.com and Trulia.com 5 Star Professional 10 Consecutive years with Best of Zillow designation be awarded last year. Click Here for see client reviews online
• Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominiums over the past 13 years