Swamp Mustard Shrimp & Grits Recipe - Made with Gator Hammock Hot Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce from Peppers.com
January 20, 2018
- 1 1/2 lbs Jumbo shrimp peeled and deviened
- 5 thick bacon slices chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup Gator Hammock Hot Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup broth/stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 Cup Quaker Quick Grits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon until brown and crisp this may take about 3-5 minutes.Remove bacon form skillet and transfer to a plate. There will be some bacon drippings left in the pan (about 3 tablespoons).
- Add about 1 Tablespoons of oil / butter to the pan. Followed by shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté shrimp for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside
- Then add garlic, parsley, green onions and tomatoes. Add about broth and Gator Hammock Hot Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Add shrimp towards the and then add the crisp bacon . Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Bring water to a boil; slowly stir in grits; return to a boil Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the dish by placing the grits at the bottom of a shallow bowl, shrimp and it’s sauce. Enjoy piping hot!
Check out all of our great sauces and spices at www.Peppers.com
Gator Hammock Hot Swamp Mustard Hot Sauce