Fire causes $350,000 in damage to Covington Chase home

May 21, 2023

A fire May 20 caused $350,000 in damage to a home in Covington Chase off Route 1.

Flames were shooting out of the home’s attached garage when the Lewes Fire Department responded to the fire about 5 p.m., said Michael Chionchio, assistant state fire marshal.

Milton Fire Department and several others helped put out the fire, Chionchio said, which was caused by a malfunctioning golf cart inside the garage. No one was injured, he said, but two adults were displaced.

The fire caused $350,000 in damage.

Video by Jeff King


Subscribe to the Daily Newsletter