Sowers should spend time on deaths from medical mistakes
Arthur Sowers’ 17-paragraph Commentary (Don’t underestimate COVID-19; it’s no joke) in the Nov. 3 Cape Gazette critiquing my opinion letter in the Oct. 19 Cape Gazette (“COVID-19 fear-mongering is reprehensible”) rings of professorial pique to be aimed at any critic of the medical/political/media class.
He says that my letter is a story “with COVID-19-denier (sic), anti-Carney, anti-government, and anti-Forney themes and rants.” At the end, he infers that I’m the “reprehensible” one. He also says that I am “trivializing and minimizing the danger from the virus.”
For example, he claims that I “cheat’ when calculating the death rate in Delaware’s population from COVID-19 as .06 percent (614 deaths/974,051 population), which shows the actual effect of the virus on our overall population.
That I’m “spinning and massaging words…(to) get a tiny death rate.” But, it’s only basic math revealing a larger perspective for us to consider. The “cheat” accusation is a canard.
But, more importantly, it seems to me that even with Sowers’ purported “thousand digital copies of lay media articles” in his library, we never get the true picture of what’s going on with the COVID-19 virus from the medical community.
Here are some examples:
1) Remember when Dr. Deborah Birx and others were concerned that the CDC’s “antiquated” accounting system was double-counting cases and inflating mortality and case counts “by as much as 25 percent.” Is that still going on?
2) CDC Director Robert Redfield stated July 28 that: “We’re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID. We’re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose… than we are seeing from COVID.”
3) Then, from an article in the Washington Examiner July 23: “The CDC reports that 3,721 death certificates in the COVID count also list “intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events.”
4) In a report by Dr. Erwin Haas July 21, he said that: “The coronavirus DNA tests have a reported 4 percent false positive rate that, when applied to nearly 50 million tests done so far result in 2 million falsely labelled as having COVID-19.”
5) The surprising World Health Organization statement Oct. 5 citing a revised worldwide “infection fatality rate of roughly 0.14 percent; right in line with seasonal flu and the predictions of many experts from around the world. (That’s) over 24 times lower than the WHO’s “provisional figure” of 3.4 percent back in March. This figure was used in the models which were to justify lockdowns and other draconian policies.
6) And finally, from a CNBC article dated Feb 22, 2018, this shocking report saying that: “According to a recent study by Johns Hopkins more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year because of medical mistakes, making it the third leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer... Other studies report much higher figures, claiming the number of deaths from medical error to be as high as 440,000.” (!!!)
Wouldn’t it make more sense for Dr. Sowers to spend his research time getting to the bottom of this medical mistakes fiasco rather than worrying about my COVID comments?