In total, 324 Delawareans have passed away due to complications from COVID-19. Individuals who have died from COVID-19 ranged in age from 21 to 103 years old. Of those who have died, 168 were females and 156 were males. A total of 147 individuals were from New Castle County, 56 were from Kent County, 120 were from Sussex County, and one individual’s county of residence is unknown at this time.
The latest Delaware COVID-19 case statistics cumulatively since March 11, provided as of 6 p.m., Friday, May 22, include:
- 8,690 total positive cases
- New Castle County cases: 3,238
- Kent County cases: 1,315
- Sussex County cases: 4,084
- Unknown County: 53
- Females: 4,766; Males: 3,881 Unknown: 43
- Age range: 0 to 103
- Currently hospitalized: 210; Critically ill: 46 (This data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative.)
- Delawareans recovered: 4,454
- 41,844 negative cases
Additional demographic data on COVID-19 cases and deaths, including race/ethnicity, more age-specific data and rates information by ZIP code, can be found on the Division of Public Health’s My Healthy Community data portal.