Women's Club of Milton holds 50th anniversary tea
The Women's Club of Milton celebrated making a difference for 50 years by holding an anniversary tea April 25.
Some 40 members attended the event, which recognized founding members Cynthia Ockles, Connie Fisher, Kay Willey and Marie Johnson. Other members with 10, 15, 25 and 30 years of service were awarded special pins. A much-anticipated video highlighting the WCOM was premiered during the festivities.
The WCOM began in 1909 as the Milton New Century Club, but later disbanded due to the World War II effort. It was reorganized in 1973 as the Milton Century Club. The club changed its name to Women's Club of Milton in 2016, and initiated the "making a difference" tagline. The main focus of the club was to support education and the Milton Public Library.
The Women's Club of Milton has continued to make a difference in the community over the past 50 years. The club supports national and international organizations as well. Today, the WCOM awards annual scholarships to female high school graduates going on to attend college in the fall. It actively assists those in need in the community to enhance their quality of life. The club also provides ways for women to build lasting relationships.
The Women’s Club of Milton is a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, one of the world’s oldest and largest women’s service organizations dedicated to community improvement through volunteer service.
For more information, go to womensclubofmilton.org.