Delaware Division of Public Health announced May 4 there have been 80 new positive COVID-19 cases, down from 170 new cases reported May 3.
DPH also announced five more deaths related to COVID-19, as well as 76 more recoveries. The most recent deaths ranged in age from 62 to 87. Two were female and three were male. Three were New Castle County residents and two were Sussex County residents. Four had underlying health conditions, and two were residents of long-term care facilities.
In total,182 Delawareans, 26 to 103 years old, have passed away due to complications from COVID-19. Of those who died, 96 were females and 86 were males. A total of 82 individuals were from New Castle County, 30 were from Kent County and 70 were from Sussex County.
The latest Delaware COVID-19 case statistics cumulatively since March 11, provided as of 6 p.m., May 3, are subject to change and include:
- 5,288 total laboratory-confirmed cases
- New Castle County cases: 1,934
- Kent County cases: 833
- Sussex County cases: 2,497
- Unknown County: 24
- Females: 2,861; Males: 2,404; Unknown: 23
- Age range: 0 to 103
- Currently hospitalized: 281; Critically ill: 68; data represents individuals currently hospitalized in a Delaware hospital regardless of residence, and is not cumulative.
- Delawareans recovered: 1,716
- 18,822 negative cases, data is preliminary