Buying Land? What you should know...
If you are buying land on which to build, you may be eager to get started. But before you leap into buying land, remember that location is the one essential element you won't be able to change. You will never regret taking the time to fully consider the setting for your home.
Make a list of the must-have features that will exist on your ideal piece of land. Do you require a lakefront property or a spectacular view? If privacy is high on your list, you may want to look for land that is heavily wooded, or purchase secluded acreage in a rural setting. Decide on the minimum size lot that will work for the setting of your home. Are you willing to build on a slope or a hillside? Knowing your requirements will help your real estate agent save you time by eliminating unsuitable properties.
Select two or three of your favorite neighborhoods and ask your agent to concentrate the search for land in those places. If you are building in an area you are not familiar with, drive or take walks around the neighborhood and talk to people who live there.
To Learn More, Call or Text Bill at 302-841-7147.
Your Real Estate Source at the Delaware Beaches
Toll Free: 1-800-GO-BEACH, ext. 117
Long and Foster | Christies International Real Estate
37156 Rehoboth Avenue Ext, Suite 5
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware 19971
- Top Individual Agent Long & Foster Rehoboth Office for 13 consecutive years
- Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the Delaware Region for 2 Consecutive Years
- Long & Foster’s Top Selling Individual Agent in the Coastal Region 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Five Star Professional Award Winning Sales Agent for 7 consecutive years (based on client surveys)
- Awarded the “Best of Zillow”, rated among the top 10% of all Premier Agents in the United States (based on client surveys)
- Top Selling Agent at The Henlopen Condominium for over 13 year